Blogadda who are you reading today

Thursday, October 16, 2014

The railway romance!



The train station has a feeling of enchantment, 
the dust of wanderlust, invisible but felt

the metal doors of dreams are right in front,
dreams of travel that you had,
of distances short and long, 
metal doors with places you have only heard,

you wish you could step in and go, 
but you wait for the train, 
that takes you back to routine

Why is it that you can't follow your dream?
the one to take the road less traveled?

Guess we aren't taught to follow dreams
Our wings clipped long ago in school

Or are we too afraid to break the routine,
and embrace the unknown?




Wrote this sitting in a railway station that will take me home, yet so many trains stopped in front me that could take me to a lot of places, there was a part in me that wanted to sit inside one of those trains and let it take me to wherever it was going. Yet I couldn't do it, there was commitments waiting for me in the grey side of things. People that I want to meet(people I have been seeing all along), work to go to and stuff like that. I would have liked to call myself free and do whatever I wish and I intent on making it work like that. This thought took me to another place and I have decided to travel more, not to be a tourist but a traveler. Hope I can do this. Also check this video out that inspired me a lot. This is how travel should be. I am sure this traveler has a part of Turkey ingrained in him, I am sure he would have touched the soul of Turkey in his travel. I hope all of us can travel the way he did, sooner or later.








No comments:

Post a Comment