Blogadda who are you reading today

Sunday, November 16, 2014

"International break" the break we hate!

In this column, I am going to introduce a phrase or say two words that me and most of my buddies hate, not just any normal hate, we hate it to the rotten core! In fact I hate it so much that I will refer it here just once and then will start calling it “You-know-what” Okay, here goes, sigh, International break! Phew, there I said it.

Now on to the story, I am in the middle of my weekend and you would think I am enthralled as always at the arrival of the two magical days. But well yeah like everyone else we would definitely enjoy the weekend in a regular way, but not in the special way we all would have liked otherwise. Who is to blame? You-know-what!

Normally the special magic of our regular weekend is to watch our beloved team play, or say watching our rival matches so we can hope they drop points, watching neutral matches just for the love of the game. Else watching players who are in our fantasy team A, fantasy team B etc, also the bets, so watching those matches. Basically watch all the matches we can for any number of reasons or no reason at all. But all in spoil this weekend and you know who to blame.

Another item that gets it rest is our phones, normally the footy watsapp groups will be consistently buzzing with messages, analysis, criticism, rumors, banter(the most enjoyable of all forms). There will be pre match analysis, the postmortems etc etc. But now we have to resort to silly jokes and trolls to keep it alive. The blame is again for the obvious.

And personally for me, my routine after a weekend of football is to read through the many different blogs, look at fantasy team points, set strategies for the next one. See how my bet would work. While driving I always listen to different football podcasts. After all this is done, I will probably be looking at a Wednesday and then the pre match buzz starts to build up. But now Monday blues seem even worse because there is nothing to catch up on, no blogs, no analysis, no podcasts. Sigh! A barren weak lies ahead.

This is true not just for me, but for our whole clan, for whom the beautiful game means much more than just a sport. It is a BIG part of our life, it is one of the thing that makes weekend all the more beautiful, one of the thing that makes weekdays much more bearable. Now you can see why football is a big big part of our life and why we all hate, yes, let me say it one more time, the fucking international breaks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment